Keen fishermen Dan and Rick from London, England, set up Fin and Tide in 2014.
Initially, it was an apparel brand that reflected the changing fishing culture in the UK. Since then, Fin and Tide has organically grown to become more content driven with a focus on our time spent fishing on boats or along the coastline.
We have two rules when fishing: we don’t use bait or take the easy route!
We fish almost exclusively with lure and fly, which provides far more of a challenge and enables us to travel light and cover more ground both in the UK and overseas. And, although we fish both saltwater and freshwater, our true passion lies in the salt. The rugged British coastline and the unpredictable seas push our boundaries, but it never deters us from searching for the next big catch.
Over the last ten years, we have met and made some lifelong friends through fishing, and while we primarily practice catch and release, on rare occasions, we keep the catch to cook up on the BBQ and chat about the one that got away with a beer.
Dan’s Fast Facts:
- First fish I ever caught was a Roach
- My favourite place to fish is in Florida
- I am one of the very few people to ever walk across the Svinafellsjokull Glacier in Iceland
- I am a fully qualified professional stuntman
- I have appeared in four Star Wars movies
Ricky’s Fast Facts:
- Born and grew up in central London, and learnt to fish on the River Thames
- Worked in professional sports for 19 years
- Holds a major dislike for cucumbers
- Won first fishing competition aged 12, Angling Times Junior Classic with Matt Hayes
- 2018 DUO Bassmaster’s VA Champion